5.11.06

Weekend

As I wrote in my actual journal:

Nov 3
Today was fantabulous! We spent pretty much all afternoon at Metrotown. We met Brendon there, and the five of us(brent, pam, suzi, brendon and i) wandered around the mall. Well Pam, Suzi and I only made it to about 3 stores, but we had fun and we helped Suzi spend money. At the conference we were introduced to the 5 speakers: Sheila Walsh, Thelma Wells, Patsy Clairmont, Marilyn Meberg, and Luci Swindoll. Sheila spoke tonight and really touched home in a lot of ways. We also heard from Nichole Nordeman. She did a mini concert, and again really gave us a lot to think about. It was really great, and I will have to elaborate more later. I'm tired and need some sleep.
Happy Birthday Heather!

Nov 4
Another superb day! We slept in and ended up missing about 10 minutes of the conference. But we still were able to get there in time to do some quick shopping (I bought Thelma's book) and make it inside to hear Thelma speak. She is an amazing woman and I was really bummed that I didn't get to her booth in time to meet her/get her to sign the book. She really made me look at myself and my life. There was even one point that she pointed at the camera, and I swore she was pointing at me. It was kinda unnerving. Apparently I am a princess. And I shouldn't be. We also got a concert from Avalon and Carried Away, which was awesome. I met the girls from Carried Away and got a signed cd.
After the conference was over Pam, Suzi and I headed to metrotown to do some more shopping. It was a lot of fun. Brent, Brendon and Amber met us for dinner at the food court. It was awesome to see Amber. I think we are definately going to make sure we do some regular trips to see her..and Brendon of course :) It was awesome to see him as well.
Happy Birthday Mommy!

Nov5
Driving...sleeping...driving...sleeping...rehearsal...home. That has been my day so far. I will be heading upstairs shortly to watch Survivor and Amazing race, since Pam and Brent aren't quite sick of my company yet. I really don't have all that much else to say. I'm tired and am surprised that I was able to actually read and type at the same time. Hope you all had a great weekend, and I hope this will count as posting all weekend, even though I didn't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing the Heather you're wishing happy birthday isn't me. If so...uh...hate to tell ya, luv, you're twenty two days early.