23.12.06

Getting to Know You -Holiday Style

1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate?
hot chocolate..or chai latte

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa wraps and puts them under the tree, except for the past couple years where s/he wraps them, mails/hands them to me and I put them under the tree.

3. Coloured lights on tree/house or white?
White, LED lights..or fiber optics like on my parents' tree

4. Do you hang mistletoe.
No, but I should.

5. When do you put your decorations up?
I really don't have any..but my family usually puts them up the first week of Christmas or near dad and joel's bdays.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
mashed potatoes and gravy, and stuffing!

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child?
Sneaking out at 5am or earlier to see my gifts under the tree. I did it every year...even the year I came back from University!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I really don't remember. I think a part of me has always known that he wasn't real, but my brother and I still get gifts from him :)

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We did for a few years after my brother and I discovered that our friends all got to open one. Usually they were all opened on Christmas morning.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Mom and would do it with all of our ornaments collected over the years. This year I helped Pam and Brent decorate their tree and then we went to Pam's parents a few days later to do their tree. I have kinda been adopted.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
It's nice on the ski hill. I don't like the cold though.

12. Can you ice skate?
Yes, but not enough anymore

13. Do you remember your favourite gift?
Probably my figure skates :) I got them before Christmas, but they were definately the best present

14. What's the most exciting thing about Christmas for you?
I all of a sudden got everyone's lines from the play in my head... the promise of new life...the lights...the stories...Christmas carols (NOT the 12 days of Christmas), family, decorating, shopping, opening presents, oh and getting out of school!

15. What is your favourite Christmas Dessert?
pumpkin pie with whipped cream, and the little cookies that Martin would always make...not sure what they are called.

16. What is your favourite Christmas tradition?
opening the stocking

19. What is your favourite Christmas Song?
Oh Holy Night, Have yourself a merry little Christmas, My Grown Up Christmas list

20. Candy Canes?
It depends. SometimesI can only eat them for a short time before getting sick of them, other times I can't get enough.

21. When do you take your Christmas decorations down?
When mom says so. This year I have none...so whenever Pam and Brent take theirs down.

No comments: