11.9.08

Who is Robyn?

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." - Helen Keller

I was recently told that I need to take some time to figure out who Robyn is. This is a potentially very difficult question for me to answer. But here goes, for all the world to see...

Not long ago I figured out, in the history of Robyn, I have melded myself into someone who fits in with any group or person. Although some may think this is a great ability, it's also quite dangerous, as I feel I have lost sight on who I really am. But this has also helped me find some things in life I really enjoy, like peanut butter, comic books, and the occasional zombie movie.

Last night on the way home from hanging out with the coolest boy on the planet, my brother, I started making a list of things that I love to do, and that make me me. I ended up with two lists. One is more who I am at camp/back home. And one is more of city Robyn. (Side note: these are in no particular order, they just randomly came out of my head as I started writing)

Country
  • camp
  • mud football
  • water trampoline wars
  • pudding twister
  • archery
  • riflery
  • jello slurping contests
  • tshirt/jeans
  • flip flops
  • no makeup days/weeks/months
  • making campfires
  • singing
  • cooking over campfires
  • stargazing w/ a cute boy
  • freezies
  • endless hours on the dock with Bucket
City
  • shopping
  • facials/manis/pedis w/ the girls
  • talking about boys
  • reading magazines
  • flirting
  • cosmos/apple martinis
  • chai lattes
  • dressing up/ wearing heels
  • makeup
  • cuddling on the couch while watching movies w/ a cute boy or a good girl friend
  • cooking
  • watching the food network
  • photo shoots
  • photography
  • sushi
  • coffee sessions with my girls
Ok I think you get it. So who am I? The Country Camp Girl or the City Girlie Girl? Well I don't think I can choose just one. I am both. I can rough house with the biggest of boys on the water tramp, and then go inside and make jewelry while watching She's the Man/The Devil Wears Prada/The Princess Diaries for the 100th time with my roommate. I can get my hair and make up done, do a photo shoot and then go home...and...play mud football! (I haven't done that, but I would if I could!)

So that's who I am. I am a mutt :) and I love it.

So to finish off this post, just a little bit more about me...

FIVE THINGS FOR WHICH I HAVE PASSION:

  1. God. He is everything to me. Sometimes I forget allow myself to let other passions become number 1, but truly God is the reason I am able to keep going every day.
  2. Family. My family is awesome and will always be there for me, no matter what. Plus, my brother is the coolest person in the world!
  3. Friends. I love my friends. They help me when I in need, lend me dvds when I'm bored, make me tea and talk when I'm in need of ranting, and take care of my kitty with minimal complaining.
  4. Camp. Anyone who has seen me at camp, or talk about camp knows how I feel about it. I feel like a different person when I am there. Just driving down the road and seeing the main building and the lake brings a calmness and peace. It's not just the place that is amazing, it's the presence of God, the staff, and my girls, and of course the amazing food(TACO SALAD and Buttercup's sticky buns!) too.
  5. Acting. It has been an escape, a release of emotions and creative output. Those who act understand.
FIVE THINGS I’D LIKE TO DO BEFORE I DIE:
  1. Travel...anywhere and everywhere
  2. Act in a feature movie...preferably where I get an on screen kiss with a Hollywood hottie! :)
  3. Get married and start a family
  4. Finish my degree
  5. Experience a miracle
FIVE MOVIES I HAVE SEEN MORE THAN FIVE TIMES:

  1. Sweet Home Alabama - "So I can kiss you anytime I want!"
  2. The Princess Bride - "As you wish...."
  3. The Wedding Planner - "Love cant always be perfect. Love is just love"
  4. The Devil Wears Prada - "Don't make me feed you to one of the models."
  5. Monty Python's The Quest for the Holy Grail - "I fart in your general direction. " (yeah that one had a bit of a different tone to it didn't it?)
FIVE SONGS I'M LOVING AT THE MOMENT:
  1. "Spoken For" Mercy Me
  2. "Love Song" Third Day
  3. "Delicate" Damien Rice
  4. "Love is Waiting" Brooke Fraser
  5. "Nicest Thing" Kate Nash
FIVE THINGS I'M GOING TO DO TOMORROW
  1. Wake up - that's a good start right!
  2. Do laundry - it's been a long time coming
  3. Put clothes in closet! - It's new and still has no clothes in it!
  4. Pick up my cheque! - very important!
  5. Go grocery shopping! - fresh fruits and veggies here I come!!

No comments: