29.5.09

May the Words I say and the Things I do...

...Make my Lifesong sing, Bring a Smile to You.

As my life approaches summer, I am starting to get very nervous. It's a mix of good nervous and worried nervous.  I am going to embark on an adventure that I'm not sure I'm ready for. For those of you who don't know yet, I am director of a summer camp and I begin in 2 weeks!! It's a very daunting task. I have some very BIG shoes to fill! 

I know that there is a reason why, for whatever reason, the board decided to trust me with this position. I may not know what was going through their heads when they made that decision, but I know it was meant to be.  If you don't believe me, this spring I got a tattoo on my foot that says "Spoken For."  About a week later I found out what will be our camp theme this year. Anyone want to take a guess at what it is? 
Our theme verse is Isaiah 43:1:
1 But now, O Israel the LORD who created you says: "Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine.

I have a crazy, exciting, wonderful, most likely stressful, but most definitely fun summer ahead of me.  Please pray for me and the rest of the staff as we prepare for the summer and throughout the summer as we sing a new verse in our "lifesongs."

1 comment:

Heather said...

Love that verse.
Love YOU! And will definitely be praying for you through the summer - and hopefully coming to visit, too. We shall see!! <3