12.2.07

Emotional Adolescent and others...

My life has really not been overly interesting the past week, but there were a few highlights that I can think of at the moment. On Saturday, our girls' small group got together, like we do, and had a great lunch and talked about emotional maturity. We took a quiz that helped us understand where we were on the emotional scale. The quiz was based towards leaders in the church, but we applied it towards our own lives. I started the quiz fully expecting to get a really varied score, but was surprised when my results were almost a straight line right across the bar graph, except for the last two. I ended up with one on the border of child/adolescent and one in adult. I was pretty proud of my one in adult :D It was atually really helpful. We all agreed that we were surpised at our results, more in the fact that we knew abouts where we would be, and that sucked. But now we know what to work on, and I know it will help us all bond, seeing as our group is only going into our third week of exsistance :)

OK so afterwards, Pam, Brent and I headed to the Brick to go couch shopping. I was there to test out the second couch i guess ? ? since that is where i would sit. We were testing a bunch out for confort and all that stuff. They finely decided on a set, couch and loveseat, that is beigeish and really pretty and comfy. They got a good deal too, since there was a small rip on the loveseat it was buy the couch get the loveseat for free. The rip will be easy enough for Brent to repair. So yeah..exciting!

So after couch shopping, I went, for the first time in 2 years, SNOWBOARDING! It was so much fun. Every winter my church rents Harper Mountain for a night of skiing/snowboarding/tubing/skating/games and fellowship. Heidi had an extra ticket so I went up with her, Jodi, Karey and Micah. I had never been boarding at night before, so it was a little scary, but it was well lit enough. The snow was really icy and chopped up, so that wasn't fun, but it was still a good night. I only fell twice. The first time i just went down and came back up right away and kept going, no stopping at all. The second time though I wasn't so lucky. I was going really fast, hit an edge and did a whole lot of somersaults resulting in my board hitting my arm, fingers, back and twisting my knee. I kept boarding though after that. I'm tuff like that :) Yesterday I was pretty sore, but realized that where I hurt the most was actually on my inner thigh where I have a nice blue bruise from where i was being towed by the t-bar. It's in a nice bar shape too. Very painful.

My last little tidbit of funness was last night. Carmen called me around 6 and asked if I liked hockey and if I wanted to go to a Blazers game with her. It was so much fun, and getting to know her was awesome. I'm really excited about that new friendship. The Blazers won 8-0 so it was pretty stellar! I was wishing it was one of the nights where everyone in the audiance would get a free teen burger if the Blazers cored 5 goals, but sadly that is next week.
Well I should head out and finish/start getting ready for my day. I just got the phonecall that I am in the kitchen today at work, so I have to be there earlier than I usually am. so know I have to figure out what bus to take. Have a good week everyone!

oh and just so you all know today is

Clean Out Your Computer Day

When : Second Monday of the month

Clean Out Your Computer Day is a day to logically review, and delete old files and programs.

Most of us add programs and files to our computer with reckless abandon. After all, computers have huge storage capacity. Many of these files and programs are forgotten over time. Overtime they clog memory and cause confusion during retrieval and use of other files. And, some may slow down your computer.

Somewhere along the way, a (most likely) computer geek or service person, created this day as an opportunity for us to remember to cleanup and delete old and unused files.

So, get into the spirit of the day, and clean out the old computer.

No comments: