22.3.07

Reminiscence and Resignation

So today I went on a bit of a cleaning spree...no not in my apartment, though it really needs one...it was on my email inbox. I deleted so much. It's been awhile since I did that. So while I was deleting I decided to go on a little bit of a trip into the past. I have mostly deleted emails from highschool, except for the folder of emails from my best friend in highschool. It's pretty funny. For the life of me I can't remember who K is!?! Apparently I like him?...so I'm going to take an idea from Amy and share with you a part of the email (instead of her Friday Confessions from her Diary). Maybe I'll keep it up and share some more at some point...but if you have been reading for awhile, you know I never keep up with anything I start :)
Well here goes...an email to my best girl in grade 11:

Hey Caitie..How's it going? I'm so bored! We just had our Math test. It was pretty easy but still it was tough! What are you going to do for the English essay? I'm going to find my stuff from history to see how Dodd told us to write the introduction. I don't like changing things. I'm just stubborn I guess. Three days until Valentine's Day!!! I'm kind of looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time. I really want to find out if W likes me "that" way or not...but I still kinda like J....I'm wierd and confusing! Oh well that's over....move on....and then there's K! AHHHHH life is so tough on teenage girls!
Well i'll talk to you later.
*Robyn*
The life of a teenager...haha!! So anyway...if anyone knows who K is let me know. For the life of me I can not figure it out at all!
So in light of this...and that a few emails later I found something cute.
RESIGNATION
I am hereby officially tendering
my resignation as an adult. I have
decided I would like to accept the
responsibilities of an 8 year-old again.
I want to go to McDonald's and think
that it's a four star restaurant.
I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud
puddle and make a sidewalk with rocks.
I want to think M&Ms are better than money because you can eat them.
I want to lie under a big oak tree and
run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer's day. I want
to return to a time when life was simple, when all you knew were colors, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes, but that didn't bother you, because you didn't know what you didn't know and you didn't care. All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that should make you worried or upset.
I want to think the world is fair.
That everyone is honest and good.
I want to believe that anything is
possible. I want to be oblivious
to the complexities of life and be
overly excited by the little things
again.
I want to live simple again. I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes, mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness, and loss of loved ones.
I want to believe in the power of
smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth,
justice, peace, dreams, the imagination,
mankind, and making angels in the snow.
So . . . here's my cheque book and my
car keys, my credit card bills and my
bank statements. I am officially
resigning from adulthood.

No comments: