18.10.08

Wonderfully Complex

Today, I was reminded of the love I had for skating, the joy it gave me. I couldn't wait to get out on the ice and feel the ice under my skates and hear the sound of my blades on the ice. But there were so many people there. All I wanted to do was to do something, a spin, a jump, anything! I kept building up some speed, and then when I was about to do something, somebody would get in my way. My friend told me that I looked like I just wanted to bust out! I realized that I do want to just bust out, and not just on the ice! I want to let my passions out! I want to do make a difference in this world! My friend tells me I am like a ray of sunshine, and that's what I want to be. I want to take the complexities that God has made in me and shine for the world. God made me wonderfully complex. I don't completely understand why God made me the way I am, but I'm sure one day He will use my quirks in a way that will build his Kingdom, or I will come to understand how to use my quirks.

Psalm 139:13-14:
13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
and knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Roots and wings <3