9.3.08

PROMOTION!

Yeah so I got it. It's not official, but I'm 3rd key. Which doesn't mean a whole lot other than I get a key and security code and can open the store. Eventually I will learn how to the paperwork and stuff. It wasn't going to happen for a few weeks, but an emergency happened and there was no one to open the store tomorrow, so I get to. I'm not complaining at all though!

I don't have much else to blog about, but I am going to tell you about two movies you NEED to see. Well the first one anyway. JUNO. If you haven't seen it yet, go see it. I love it. AND I am now in love with 'the song'. "Anyone Else But You" by The Moldy Peaches. Apparently Barbara Walters "doesn't get it", but I love it. My favourite lines from it at the moment are

"Here is the church and here is the steeple
We sure are cute for two ugly people
I don't see what anyone can see in anyone else...but you"
and
" Up up down down left right left right B A start
Just because we use cheats doesn't mean we're not smart"

The other movie I will suggest you see is being released next month. It's called "Young People F---ing" You probably won't want to bring your kids or grandma to this movie, but if you are interested in seeing a Canadian movie that is hilarious then this is a movie for you. Obviously there is a lot of "sexual scenes", but I still think it's pretty awesome. The director was at the screening I went to last month and did a Q&A and it was really interesting to hear what he had to say about the whole process of writing (written by his friend and him over email and msn), casting, filming and promotion of the film. He's been given some free promotion by a guy in politics that is trying to get all Canadian films with noneducational sex scenes banned. You can read more about that in yesterday's National Post if you really want.

Now I'm off to do laundry...yeay!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Congrats on the promotion. I totally want to see Juno! I have been planning on it forever and haven't actually gotten around to going. I think it's time I stop making excuses!